|Yes- A student much complete each section before progressing to next section.
|Certificate of Completion
Listed as BKL Holdings, Inc.
License Coach Course Offerings:
Life and Variable Annuity (Course 2-14) - 40 hours
Agent’s Health Insurance (Course 2-40) - 40 hours
Life, Health and Variable Annuity (Course 2-15) - 60 hours
Individual Resident Producer Requirements
To qualify for a resident Florida state insurance producer license, the applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a resident of the state of Florida
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses work authorization from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Not be an employee of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or state service office, as referred to in Section 626.833, Florida Statutes.
- Complete an approved prelicensing course of study (see prelicense requirements below)
- Pass a written examination and file a license application online
- Submit a set of fingerprints
- If licensed in another state within 3 years, provide a Letter of Clearance
PreLicense Education Requirements (PLE)
State Candidate Handbook
Before making an exam reservation applicants should thoroughly review the State of Florida Insurance Licensing Information Bulletin, which contains the exam content outlines and important information regarding eligibility and the examination and licensing application process.
PLE Course Delivery
- Per Florida PLE requirements, applicants are required to complete all of the lessons in the prelicense education course sequentially before they can be issued a certificate of completion.
- Applicants must read each lesson and pass the end-of-chapter quizzes with a 70% or higher to proceed to the next lesson.
PLE Course Exam
Passing Score: Applicants must pass the PLE final exam with a 70% or higher to receive a certificate of completion.
Exam Proctor Requirements: None.
Certificate of Completion
Students are able to download their Certificate of Completion within the course once all requirements have been met. Please note the Certificate of Completion is only valid for 4 years from completion date in order to be used to satisfy the prerequesite for application for licensure.
State Reporting Requirements
License Coach reports PLE course completions electronically to the Florida Division of Agent and Agency Services daily.
State Licensing Exam
Methods of Registration
- Register Online: Click here to register for the state licensing exam online (must register at least 1 business day in advance)
- Register by Phone: (888) 274-2020 (must register at least 1 business day in advance)
- On-site registration is not allowed
Materials Needed to Present at Exam Site
- Candidates must present one (1) form of current unexpired signature identification. Identification must be in English, government issued, photo-bearing with a valid signature.
- Approved translation dictionary (for applicants who use English as a second language)
Testing Sites, Fees, and Schedules
- Testing Sites: Click here to view a list of testing centers in Florida
- Exams and Fees: A list of Insurance License Exams and exam fees can be found on the back cover of the State of Florida Insurance Licensing Information Bulletin. Currently, the exam fee is $42.00.
State Exam Passing Score
- Applicants must pass the state licensing exam with a 70% or higher to file a license application.
- Candidates who fail the examination and wish to retake it must go towww.pearsonvue.com/FL/insurance and pay another fee.
**New - Florida law has established a limit of 5 exam attempts for the same exam type during a 12 month period. Individuals who have reached the 5 exam limit are not permitted to sit for their next exam attempt until the one year time window only contains four exams.**
New Resident Producer Requirements
New residents who still hold an active license in their previous home state may not be required to complete prelicense education as long as:
- Applicant is a resident of Florida
- Has held valid license for one year in his/her home state prior to applying for a Florida license
- The license applications and fees are submitted within 90 days of becoming a Florida resident
- To qualify for an exemption of the prelicensing educational requirement, your former home state must be reciprocal to Florida. Click here for a list of reciprocating states.
Please note that new residents will still have to take and pass the applicable exams, unless the applicant holds the CLU designation.
License Application Process
- Successfully taught or completed a 40 hour life, variable contracts prelicensing course within four (4) years of application date. [Click here to find a course][Requires State Examination]
- Apply for the Insurance license, Application fee
3. Send prerequisite(s) to department:
-Send proof of prerequisite, as indicated in Step 2, to the Bureau.
Note: If you have taken a prelicensing course, your prelicensing education provider will automatically send the Bureau proof within 20 days of your passing date.
-Fingerprinting is a mandatory requirement for almost all of the licenses, registrations, and certifications we issue. [Click here and follow the instructions] The fingerprinting is $48.55, plus local Florida county sales tax.
5. Status notification(s):
-Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under the pending license type.
- Upon approval, an email will be sent to you directing you to check your messages in your MyProfile account. Messages are where you may view your notifications from the department, such as an authorization for an examination. Follow the message's instructions to schedule the examination.
Step 7- Print license:
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and print your license.
Note: If you are required to take an examination, you will not be able to print your license until the department has received a passing result from the testing vendor.
Nonresident Producer Requirements
Nonresident license candidates may obtain a Florida agent license, without having to complete the prelicense education requirement or take a license examination, as long as they are currently licensed as a resident and in good standing in their home state.
License Application Process
Ways to Apply
- Apply Online: Click here to submit your license application online.
Materials Needed to Apply
- License application
- Appropriate license application fees
- Completed fingerprint cards
Nonresident license candidates will be mailed fingerprint cards with instructions after their application is received by the Florida Bureau of Licensing. Candidates must make fingerprint payments online or by calling 888-717-5699. Click here to submit your payment online.
Florida Division of Agent and Agency Services
Bureau of Licensing
200 East Gaines St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0319
Phone: (850) 413-3137
Web Site: http://www.myfloridacfo.com/division/agents/
Phone: (888) 274-2020
Web Site: http://www.asisvcs.com/indhome.asp?CPCAT=1210INS